OilBud Coolers: The Best for Your Hog
Built To Work and Built To Last
OilBud™ oil cooler for Harley Davidson is built to work and built to last. All cooler adaptors and elements are made from 6061 T6 aluminum. There are ridges on the inside of all the cooling passages for greater heat transfer. Fins are machined on the outer surface of the elements. This makes a huge cooling surface (the reason it works in STOP AND GO TRAFFIC without fan assistance!) The wall thickness is 3/32”. All cooler fittings are JIC/ORB aircraft style fittings (chromed where visible). O-rings are used instead of leak prone gaskets. OilBud™ is regulated by a thermostat which opens at 185° (fully open at 200°). OilBud™ keeps oil temps at least 35 degrees cooler and is virtually undetectable.
-Bud Clarke, designer of OilBud™, is so confident in his product that he shot it with a shotgun (both barrels), then pressure tested the element up to a succesful 150psi. He even took a sledgehammer to a sample of the element to show the flow would remain unrestricted after sustaining an impact.
Custom fit for Harley
Custom Fit For Your Bike, OilBud™ Oil Coolers for Harley Davidson works on the following models:
- 1999-2005 Dyna 5 and 2006-2016 Dyna 6: Street Bob, Low Rider, Wide Glide, Fat Bob, Switchback
- 2000-2016 Softail: Fat Boy, Fat Boy Lo, Softail Deluxe, Softail Slim, Heritage Softail Classic, Breakout, Nightrain
- 1999-2016 Touring: Road King, Street Glide, Street Glide Special, Road Glide, Road Glide Special, Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low, Ultra Limited, Ultra Limited Low
- 2014-2016 Project Rushmore: Road King Classic, Street Glide, Electra Guide Ultra Classic, Ultra Limited, Tri-Glide Ultra, CVO Road King, CVO Limited.
- CVO: CVO Road King, CVO Breakout, CVO Softail Deluxe, CVO Limited
- Trike: Freewheeler, Tri-Glide Ultra
No More Sacrificing
OilBud™ is considered by many riders as the best oil cooler for Harley Davidson motorcycles because of its effectiveness in keeping oil temperatures low. Riders also choose it because it fits with most designs of Harleys. Riders don’t have to choose between sacrificing their bike’s look for the sake of oil cooling anymore, or neglecting it to maintain their bike’s style. An OilBud™ Harley Davidson oil cooler installation allows them to enjoy both.
1 Quality steel fittings. These come in chromed and non-chromed finishes. No fear of leaks with ORB and JIC.
2Our hoses are hand built in shop. The crimped brass fittings are chromed where visible.
3Braided stainless Teflon hoses means high durability and a stock-like appearance. Each OilBud™ kit comes with built to length hoses.
4The OilBud™ cooler is specifically designed to fit your make and model. The cooler body is made from extruded aluminum and has thousands of machined fins which allow heat to dissipate.
8The adapter adapter plate is right out of the CNC mill. It has the same finish as the fin edges on the engine cylinders. It is carved out of 6061T6 aircraft aluminum.
There are three models specifically built for application and available in machined, powder coat and polished aluminum finishes.
• Dyna and Touring/Bagger
• Sotftail (non abs)
• Softail (abs)
• Tri Glide
9Threaded and hollow attach nut mounts the oil filter to the adapter.
10All cooler fittings are JIC/ORB (chromed where visible)
11O-Rings assure the highest leak protection.
12All bolts are allen head and come with off-set locking washers
1999-2008 Touring/Bagger Model Shown
5Strong welds insure structural integrity.
6The adapter adapter plate is right out of the CNC mill. It has the same finish as the fin edges on the engine cylinders. It is carved out of 6061T6 aircraft aluminum.
7Machined, Polished, or Black Powder coated cover; cohesive with the three adapter finish choices.
Cut-away of cooler body.
13Thermostat and cover assembly.
• Cover- Machined, Polished or Black Powder Coated
• Thermostat-Regulated; Opens at 185° F and is fully open at 200°F
• Spring-Returns thermostat to original position when cooled.
• O-Ring-Superior leak protection.
14Threaded and hollow attach nut mounts the intercooler half to the oil filter attach point